Monday, November 25, 2013

FINALLY!!

I had a really crazy weekend. I really did. It was a LOT of walking and standing and A LOT of that walking and standing was outside, hours at a time. I'm strong when it comes to tours and stuff but this weekend, this weekend took a bunch out of me.

Some emotional aspects of this past weekend reared heads too, a blast from my past that I hadn't dealt with 25 years ago, much less as a surprise downtown. Sigh.

I like to think I'm pretty self-aware and there are a handful of things from my past that I just don't even touch. I just don't. I don't "unpack" it (new buzzword) ever and I'm pretty fine with it. One of those things came up to me in my face and well, it was fine.

We all have trouble resting right? Goodness. If I work really hard (like I did this weekend), I can rest, and I can rest really well. And I'm doing that today. Promised myself. A tour this morning, I'm doing some writing and catching up at my coziest coffeeshop here and then I'm going to head home and watch movies and go to bed at like 8. I'm SO OLD.

So here, my latest poem from my Buddhists, this is Hafiz and it blows my mind that this is how it's supposed to be, really different than what my mind tells me I SHOULD be doing:

Just
sit there right now.
Don’t do a thing. Just rest.
For your
separation from God
is the hardest work in this world.
Let me bring you trays of food and something
that you like to
drink.
You can use my soft words
as a cushion
for your
head.


I'm going to go sit there right now. And not do a thing. Just rest. 

No comments: