Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Huh

This lil blog is getting to be about once a week huh? Hmmm. I feel so uninteresting these days.

HOWEVER, I'm not. So here's what's up.

I'm reading the biography of Malcolm X. I know nothing about Malcolm X and ever since getting back from Morocco I'm fascinated by the adoption of Islam by African-Americans. And I have to tell you, it's a pretty fascinating biography. It's really written by Alex Haley but he worked with Malcolm X on it, so the writing is stellar. And to really read about something of which I have very little knowledge has been pretty fascinating. He's a fascinating guy. I'm just now getting to where he's converting to Islam and it's real first attraction for him is that it is not and never has been, a religion of the white man. Can't wait to see Denzel in the movie! Ha. Kidding. Sort of.

I'm working on a creative project with my friend Sabrina, something that's been in the talks for a long time (not the juggernaut, the juggernaut is DEAD, DEAD I TELL YOU DEAD) but this, this is not dead. I can't say yet, because we're keeping it close to the vest, but we're having a really good time working on it. And since it has nothing to do with my "livelihood" per se, it's sort of allowing me to just be creative at a time in my life where I don't feel all that creative. So that's really nice.

Chicago Elevated is good. I worry about it constantly (I know, worry) but I do and of course it's going just fine. I thought December was going to be dead and it's not. I'm not raking in money, but it's not dead. Not even close. So shut up Hixx.

Lost and Found is good. I feel like John and I are still building it. It's not time to start "growing" it yet, like Chicago Elevated is, but we're still working on a new site, getting everything organized and we're still talking about a big trip this spring, but that depends on things, so we'll see.

Neither one of us can bear to put up the Christmas stuff while it's so warm out. I hate it. I want the cold. I know, I know, be careful what you wish for, but shoot, I wish for cold. FOR BLIZZARDS. Bring it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/cary_williams_jersey_super_bowl]Cary Williams Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/ed_reed_jersey_super_bowl]Ed Reed Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.footballfalconsproshop.com/tony_gonzalez_jersey_super_bowl]Tony Gonzalez Jersey[/url] Proonseorek