Friday, August 31, 2012

Wow!

Life is so fascinating. So up and down. Hard to keep up.

So this has been a really nice week. A really busy, and really nice week.

Let's see:

First, I got one of my blog posts in Huffington Post! So neat, and it all came from one of my friends from Chicagoist. I'm telling you right now, writing for them was one of the best things I ever did. The friends I made there, still my friends. And it really is like a fraternity, once you're in, you're in and you're always involved. It's really nice. I've been writing more and for that to happen, well, it's just a nice sign that things are going in the right direction. They wouldn't have printed it if it SUCKED right? Right.

Second, we're hosting Chris Guillebeau at Fizz on 9/11. You all know my Chris Guillebeau. His writing helped me change my life when I thought nothing would change. You can read about that here, but I'm really REALLY excited and it's all part of the plan to accept more responsibility, to bring people together, to return favors and best of all, help Lost and Found gain some traction. So yay!

Third, I don't know how much I've said about this, but John's been working our Youtube videos over the year. He's been pushing it and massaging it and due to his street food videos, we've started to monetize the youtube. JOHN JUST GOT HIS FIRST CHECK from Youtube and it's really freaking exciting. I'm really proud of him, his OWN money that he made with his own brain and his own art.

It's been a week of "good signs." And I think we needed that.

It's definitely enough to keep us both pushing forward. And it's great. Really great.

Whee right?

3 comments:

STUART HICKS said...

Self high gives all around!

Melisa Wells said...

I am stunned that you didn't LINK to said YouTube videos. #moreviewsthatwaysilly

Hixx said...

Am I right? Self high five!

Melisa, that's SO much work.