Monday, August 27, 2012

Jumping Back In

Well, momapalooza is over.

And it was a doozy.

Brothers all came in, family, friends and we all traipsed down to Hackneys on Lake for the memorial on Saturday.

So weird this, it's almost like a wedding in a way - all these people from different walks of life all charging in a room together. Old friends I haven't seen in forever, family and old friends of my brothers, etc...so strange.

We were a small bunch but we were a neat bunch. We told stories (I cried during mine, it's really hard to talk when you're crying, just saying) and my brothers were handsome and brave and creative and awesome. We're all such adults now.

And mom would have loved it. Casual but touching.

Saturday night we all went to dinner and by the end of it we were all so tired. So so tired.

Yesterday I sat on the couch ALL day. At some points I forced myself to, I needed it. It's all been such a whirlwind. I needed to catch my breath. And I did. All day. On the couch.

And today I woke up, so sad about my brothers. I know I'll see them again, but it will never be THE SAME. It will be different. And that's just different and I have to get used to it.

But I also woke up ready to go. I have a TON of work to do, John and I both have so much to do before Morocco. I have some really neat things in the hopper I'm working on.

It's time to work. And play.

But I feel great about mom's memorial. We got it all out. There's nothing left to say. Just times to remember and things to laugh about but it's time for all of us to move on and move forward.




No comments: