Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Feeling Normal

Whew. So mom had her one more procedure yesterday. Poor lady. SO tired. Can you imagine? But she woke up with a raging appetite, which is great.

She should be heading home today.

And I feel so much better. I got my eyebrows waxed, I ran 9 miles today, I have a shit ton of work to do and I have phone calls and meetings and today is my day off and I feel good. Wery Good.

So, we've dodged a bullet that will eventually hit us. That's the only thing about all this, is that at some point, we're going to have to watch mom fade a little more and a little more...but that's okay. It's temporary, it's all temporary.

I told John the other day through a massive wall of tears (it just HITS sometimes and it won't stop and it's absolutely release, not sadness, just release) that when I come out of all this, all this mom stuff and Al stuff and my creative lull (HELLO JUGGERNAUT), the tears and my worrying and fear about my business, when I come out of all this stuff, I am going to be so badass.

I feel it, it's a growth spurt. It feels like a growth spurt, it hurts, but I see the light.

The path is still lit. I've just walked away from it for a bit.

I can't wait to see what's going to happen.

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

You're already badass. I wish you knew that.

P.S. Bring kleenex Sunday.

BigHig said...

Keep going...I'm always thinking about you guys.