Friday, March 23, 2012

Tim Riggins

Last night I had to manage to stay up and out until 10:30PM.

This is a big deal. I don't do that much. It's not that it's LATE, it's more that well, it's LATE and I'm usually winding down big time by 10:30.

So last night I took myself on a date. I went to see the Tim Riggins movie. For those of you that are woefully out of the loop, Tim Riggins is from Friday Night Lights.

I know the actor who plays Riggins has a name,  but I can't think of it at the moment.

Everyone I know is calling "John Carter"the Tim Riggins movie. I'm cool with that. I think it would have made more money actually...

Here's Riggins:


Whew.

Tim Riggins (and I'm not joking around here) is one of the most romantic characters to have ever been on TV. A classic, pretty-boy, screw up, some of the best moments of FNL have been Riggins moments. Namely, when Coach tells Riggins he's honorable. God, I can still hear it in my head. "You are honorable son, you are HONORABLE," I'm crying as I type this, it really was a stellar moment.

So, I went to see John Carter - to give whatshisname the benefit of the doubt.

And I enjoyed it. I really did.

John mentioned they marketed this movie so badly. This is an origin story, from the ads it looks like some Martian Warrior. But John Carter was part of our world first, it's really Somewhere in Time (one of my favorites) in Tim Riggins form.

I'm not sure whatshisname is the best actor ever, but the movie made me laugh and scream and I enjoyed it so much more than I thought I would.

So get on it, go support Riggins, do you know how hard it is to play football on MARS??


No comments: