Friday, February 10, 2012

The Wave

One of my joys in exercising (yes there are some) is trying new things. Different seasons bring different exercises. I run a lot in the spring, outside, but slow down a bit in the summer. But I'll usually run outside 5 times a week. In the fall I'm so tired and bored of running, so I start trying out different videos and stuff.

The Comcast is pretty fun when it comes to their fitness programs. They have a lot and of all different kinds. There's yoga and kickboxing and weightlifting and probably 20 videos within each one of those categories.

So I run for maybe 15 minutes on the treadmill, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. I'll climb a hill if I feel like slowing down for a minute, speed up when a rockin' song comes on. I dig it, I just really go at my own pace.

And then I'll hop off and do a video, maybe some yoga or weights or something. And I try all kinds of stuff, bellydancing and "Third Eye Yoga" and the Barre Method and "Go Slow, Get Strong." So it's pretty fun. I'm a nerd.

So when John found The Wave out in the alley somewhere, I was really excited.

You  know, I've always told John I don't understand people who have huge houses, what do you do with all those rooms? One thing I would do if I had all those rooms is make an awesome home gym. It'd be badass. I haven't been to a gym in years and I'm 25 pounds lighter than I was years ago...so..

Anyhoo, the Wave. 














So, John found the Wave, I ordered the old videos off of Amazon for like...3$. So fun.

I did the first Wave (heh) this morning and it was HARD and fun and stupid. I rocked on it, I did sit-ups on it, there's a whole step aerobics part to it. I used to do step aerobics in the 90's, I was actually getting pretty good at it...so all the "repeaters" and grapevines and box steps...so fun.

And there weights and arms and pushups and it's hard to balance and move that quickly, so overall, I'm a BIG FAN of the Wave.

That's all.

Carry on.




















No comments: