Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Bacheloretting

John left for Arizona early Monday morning for work. Isn't he fance?

We didn't know he was going till right before basically and it was then and only then, that I looked at my calendar for the upcoming week. And honestly, there wasn't much on there.

Weeks have been busy with meetings and playing and tours and BLAH. But I noticed, this week, there wasn't much going on?

And then I realized, this my friends, is my mid-winter break and I'm going to make the most of it.

A quiet week, John is gone (but happy) and the kitty is gone and it's just me and Bud ready to take on the world. Or at least the apartment....

And we have ohmygod we have had a VERY relaxing time. I've been working in spurts, walks with Bud, TV, food...it's ridiculous. The ultimate staycation.

The house is so quiet and I realize how little my footprint is. My husband is a big, tall, handsome man and when he's home, well...things are more .... "lived in."

When it's just me, I use one glass, one plate, I have very little garbage - the whole thing. The apartment is as clean as it was 3 days ago.

I've been on the couch a lot, watching TV...mostly bad TV. Toddlers & Tiaras and tonight and American Idol.

I miss John, I do, I love my husband, but I'm not gonna lie, it's really has been a little vacation from work and the world. I'm excited to have it go back to normal tomorrow, I'm honestly starting to get a little cabin fever - which is just what I wanted.

For my last night, I have had this planned all week, I'm going home around 3, all work done for the day. I'm gonna walk the dog, head over to the Redbox, pick up a bunch of movies and sit on the couch.

I have had a yogurt for lunch and breakfast so I can shove deep dish into my face (John is lactose intolerant so my chances for pizza are usually slim) and I'm going to close the shades, drink diet coke and just...lose it all for an afternoon/evening.

Then tomorrow, my whole life starts again and shoot, I'll be ready for it.

Oh and I'm reading, reading reading reading reading.

That's really all. I gotta get to work so I can get off work!

No comments: