Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday

Whew, it's been a long week. A busy week. I had lectures and things to attend. It was fun.

Yesterday I had 3 FULL tours and it rained all day. All 3 tours went, but I think about half the people.

Did anyone go to Chicago Ideas Week? I'm curious...

Two more weeks and tours are done for good (for the winter I mean, besides the pedway tour I mean) and OH MAN, I have a lot of work to do. I've started keeping a list again. Part of what I have to do is make more lists.

So, when you're a business owner, what's the line between being likeable and being honest? I've been battling this lately, there are things I want to say or talk about, mostly Chicago related and some of it I just dont' feel comfortable saying.

I have a wicked, dark and mean sense of humor and I mostly try and keep it in check. I run a business, I can't be making dirty jokes on twitter or FB under Chicago Elevated's name.

I want to rip Chicago Ideas Week apart on my Chicago Elevated blog, but I'm hesitant...

I'm trying to be adorable and nice and friendly and approachable. But on the other hand, people can get that anywhere, isn't it my dark sense of humor that separates me from other people?

I'm so tired of thinking about other people (says the blogger who just started every sentence with "I".)

I am though.

So concerned.

All the time.

What do you guys think?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man.

I slay me.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I think there's a way to balance both. Part of why I love you is your sense of humor, so don't change it -- just (as with most things) go with your gut as to when to use it. If you want to post something to Chicago Elevated that isn't all puppies and sunshine, be honest, but not cruel. As you're writing it, think about how you would feel if it was a post written about you or your business. Remember that once it's on the Internet, you can never really make it go away, so choose your words carefully.

Hixx said...

It's good advice Kate! That's what I think I struggle with sometimes. As a person who cares about Chicago, I have thoughts. Yet, as a business owner and someone who needs to be appealing to all of the above, I need to be nice and friendly. And yes, it's the INTERNETS. Ain't never going away.