Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sometimes life sends you what you need

I've gotten all up in my head this week, for a few weeks actually. I think it's just "new tour" anxieties. I don't have enough people, I need to do this I need to do that, I'm confused, etc.

But a few days ago I decided to get back into my awesome, follow the ways of Chris Guillebeau, get back into the swing of things. My purpose always was to have these tours come from an honest and passionate place. Once I start worrying about other people or numbers or any of that bullshit, I lose my way.

Once I stop, think, meditate for a moment, remember why I'm doing this and what the goals are, I always feel better.

Anyway, since I started doing that of course, you see the beauty in the real things all the more.

I had a tour this morning for two people. Two separate people, they weren't together. I felt awful about it at first (how do I get more than TWO people, GAH!) but when I met them, they're awesome. We had a REALLY nice time on the tour and one of the guys is coming on the Printer's Row tour, he's the only one for this afternoon. However, I'm really looking forward to it. He's really open and kind and fun and loves Chicago. So what the hell right?

Then I met a new friend for lunch and we just talked and talked and talked and she's thinking of changing her life in a major way and to hear that she wanted to meet with me because she sees what I'm doing, well, that's so great. So nice. She's so brave and so awesome and so open and it just reminds me of why I'm doing this too.

And once again, I have to remember that this business is a million times ahead of where it was.

Be happy, be pleased, be grateful, be honest, be hilarious, be myself.

Why do I have to learn this lesson over and over and over again?

Because I have to learn it till I've gotten it.

I get it.

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

I love the posts you write when you're all pumped up. All I have to say is "YEAH!"

Hixx said...

Thank you ladies!