Sunday, May 01, 2011

Fine, I'll admit it

I think I'm bored.

You know, one of the stories I tell myself a lot is that all I really want to do is go home and sit on the couch and watch TV. This is a story my whole family tells themselves. It's a Hixx thing. But now I hate that story because, well, my mother told herself that story all her life and one can't help but think she finally got just what she asked for. Ugh.

SO, although it's been a busy few weeks, it hasn't been....I don't know, useful or productive or something? Really, with the weather and everything, I've been home a lot. Not doing much, taking joy in the fact that this is my downtime, that come Monday (this Monday, thank god) there's a lot that needs to be done for tours, for the book, for everything. I've kind of been waiting for May 1st.

And luckily it's here, because you know what? I think I like thinking that the only thing I want is to sit on the couch, and when you're busy and running around, that is the only thing you want to do. But after you've done it, after all the DVR's have been watched, after Albion has been saved in Fable 3, after you reached level 30 on Plants and Zombies Vase Breaking, it's time to go back to work.

So I'm taking one last day today (why not?) and settling in and exercising a ton. Really, for those of you that don't enjoy exercise? Either get yoself a bike, or figure something out, because honestly, it changes a whole day in a 1/2 hour. I just went on a 16 mile bike ride and everything is just a tinge brighter, like you're wearing yellow sunglasses. Heh.

Anyway, I don't want to sit on the couch all day (after today), I don't want to do nothing all day (after today) and I think I am a healthier and more excellent person when I have things to do (after today).

Friday Night Lights? Here I come.

No comments: