Friday, April 29, 2011

Did it

Well the biggest fear of today has been stomped! STOMPED!

I had my first interview and book signing for the book today. It was for the Chicago Improv Festival and I was really scared there wasn't going to be anyone there, and then my fear changed as I saw the whole theater was full! OH MY GOD.

Mostly improv students, I can't thank CIF enough for bringing in such a lovely and open crowd.

it was just so weird, sitting up there like I have something to say, which I do (I know) but that people were interested in hearing it, so strange.

And then the book signing, my god is that the weirdest part.

It feels so ego-stroking. It feels so WEIRD. I mean, it's nice, but it makes me uncomfortable. I can't help it, I don't know what to write and I don't want to mess up their nice book and I"m just me, why would you want me to sign your book?

Anyway, I did it, I wrote inane things in people's books, I don't even know what I said.

But I did it! And I sold some books and made some friends and saw old friends and answered questions and it felt awesome and weird and unreal.

Some of that is because the goddamn sun is out. It's like another planet.

Unfortunately my husband has been ordered to work tonight, tomorrow, tomorrow night - it's not fair, I want to celebrate in the sun and I want him to celebrate his accomplishments and gawd. It sucks.

SUCKS.

But today was good. Real good. More like this.

No comments: