Friday, February 04, 2011

That was fun

Well, the blizzard of 2011 is over. That's fine. I couldn't take anymore snow jokes anyway.

It was really nice to be me over the blizzard, nowhere to go, a book to write, warm dogs and husbands and FOOD! I made chili! I made chili all by myself! If you know me at all, you know this is a big step. And it was good. Delicious in fact. Now I know how to make chili! (I know I know, easiest thing ever).

John and I watched movies and tv and played cards and ran out in the yard with the dog. We were safe and warm.

And now it's over and there's just a lot of snow. So there's that.

The book writing is in full swing now. I'm in the middle of it, it's like the blizzard, there's all this snow-information and I have to figure out where to put it, how to put it there and somehow make a clear path through 180 years of comedy. Guh. I'm a little overwhelmed now, but mostly because I have so much information, I just need to figure out how to get it in there!

I'm exercising, not doing the P90X. I think I'm done with it for now. I'm walking on the treadmill and then I do some yoga or some pilates. This is fine for now. My back still hurts when I sit down for long periods of time, so that's fine, I don't need to sit for too long anyhoo.

It's my husband's 40th birthday tomorrow. Due to short funds and busy lives and blizzards and whatnot, it's a quiet affair. I feel guilty, I'd love to have mounds of presents, but we both agree that this year is not about that anyway. Still...40 years...he's an old man....and a handsome one.

So that's it.

Let's admit it.

I'm procrastinating writing.

Back to it.

Now.

I mean now.

Now.

Kay.

No comments: