Sunday, January 23, 2011

Better

Finally, I woke up this morning with little pain. Thank goodness.

You know, I've never really hurt myself like that. It scared me, it's led me to thinking horrible thoughts like "I'm getting older, I need to be more gentle with my body." Bah.

In a way I'm okay with that. I'd like to age somewhat gracefully, the opposite of the way my mother aged. I want to be strong as much as I can, but me thinks I just need to take a little more care.

So if this is my lesson, I shall learn it.

But I don't know what to do about exercise now. I miss it already, it's part of what's so frustrating for me already. I've now missed 3 days of my P90X and that pisses me off. Really does. So maybe tomorrow I'll do an EASY yoga. Easy peasy, like for old people.

And then I think I'll start P90X again, I can't be afraid to push myself a little bit, I'll just pay more attention to things like "Form" and "Rest" and taking care of myself while I do what I want and need to do.

I feel logey and tired, I need that fire in the morning, I really do.

Anyway, for now, gentleness. This snowy, bright morning is a good place to start.

No comments: