Monday, May 03, 2010

Doing what I'm supposed to

Ever have one of those days when you wake up in the morning and think - today I'm going to do all the things I'm supposed to do.

Today was one of those mornings. I woke up and my head is swimming and my poor PX90 body is aching (today is Plyometrics, by far the hardest of the workouts I think) and I just want to do what I'm supposed to.

And as soon as I got up my mind started saying "oh no, you don't have to do THIS today, don't worry about that." And I find that fascinating and slightly annoying. So now, instead of doing everything I'm supposed to do today, I'm forcing myself to change my mindset instead. However, I do plan on doing these things. Blah.

One other thing, I saw this quote the other day and it killed me, "don't organize, simplify."

I swear that is all I want from my life, I want to simplify and I am an organizer by trade. If I organize everything correctly, then I can move on to the things I want to do.

But that's bullshit, because then you spend all your time organizing nothing and still don't get anything done.

So while I spend my day fighting my own brain and getting things done, I am also telling myself "simplify, simplify, don't organize, simplify" and that makes things decidedly more complicated.

Sigh.

No comments: