Monday, March 29, 2010

April - the cruelest month

Yes, I realize it's March 29th and not yet April, but I have a feeling that I'm going to look back to April 2010 as one of the great times of my life.

I'll be doing some tours for CIF (Chicago Improv Festival) at the end of April, these are going to be neat. They'll be little one-off tours (just given one day) and they'll be like mini-Second City tours. So it will be about the theaters and their surrounding neighborhoods. There will be an Annoyance/Uptown tour, a Wrigleyville/I.O. tour, a Belmont/Clark Corridor tour with The Playground, Comedy Sportz and the new PH Productions space and then a mini Second City/Old Town tour. I'm really excited about these and am half planning a full on Chicago Comedy Tour.

Also starting in May are the Boystown tours and the Second City tours. So in the next month I have lots of learning/ interviewing/walking around things to do. I'm really excited.

I also have been getting quite a few requests for customized or private tours. These are really my favorite and I'm looking forward to those, oddly enough I have two retirement homes coming on group Pedway Tours. Now that is going to be a blast I think!

So I have a lot to do but lots of time to do it correctly and then this summer I'm just going to be giving as many tours as I can!

But so...these last few days of March I don't have to do anything right? Ha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could make me a chicken pot pie...

Kate said...

Hixxie, I have a question. How do you deal with the sidewalk crowds when you do a tour in the Belmont/Clark corridor? There are always so many people and never enough sidewalk space ... I'm curious to know how you handle it.

Hixx said...

Kate! Good question and I have no idea. We'll just have to see how it goes. But that is part of the charm/annoyance of that neighborhood. I think we might walk on the north side of Belmont? That's usually not nearly so bad...

rebar said...

All I can say is, "I love it when a plan comes together."

[insert stogie into mouth and grin]

Proud of you lady.
Keep on kicking ass and taking names.