Thursday, April 23, 2009

My goodness

Well, I'm on week two of doing my Jillian Michaels "Shred" series every day instead of two or three times a week. And I have to tell you, I've lost a pound or two and can definitely see more definition. This is the greatest thing since televisions on treadmills. I'm really starting to feel like I'm getting something done instead of just kind of half-assing it (or "phoning it in at the gym" according to Ms. Michaels) and it's great. She's something.

I'm fascinated by Spring. Every year it's like it's a whole new thing. I walk around, see which bushes sprout first, actually picking out the first one I see. Then the flowers, then the small trees and slowly but surely the first real sprouts on the big trees. We haven't quite gotten there yet but we're close. And I wonder "does it happen this way every year?" it seems like last year blah blah or I never noticed that blah blah. It's neat.

And after 38 years on this planet, I also find it fascinating that I just figured Spring out. Every year I wonder where our spring is, when's it coming and why does it take so long. And the complaints of "we never get spring around here" is false, FALSE! It's been spring for months now, anything above 40 is spring. Okay? Okay.

And as mistakes continue to be made and hard times continue to come, I think about Obama and what he's doing right and what he's doing wrong and my fears related to him and what he might or might not do. But here's my theory now...a lesser man, of which there are many, would surely have collapsed or just exploded from everything he has had to deal with. The stories just keep getting worse, pirates and Pakistan, the economy, the torture memos, I mean for petes sakes, will this poor man every just get a chance to govern? The answer is no and no matter how hard this gets for him and for us, I still believe that this is by far the best man we could have chosen for this job and if it was McCain and Palin right now, we'd all be wearing burkhas and eating bread crumbs.

One more thing before I go off into the sunset, people, people people people, next time let's all work a little harder to make sure that Matt goes before Allison. Mkay?

1 comment:

smussyolay said...

that's how i feel about obama, too. like .. eehhh, there's some times when i feel like, i think you've let me down, guy. you're sort of the same old, which is what people were warning me about all along when i had all of that hope and change in my heart.

but then, i have to remember there's been so many crazy, horrible, terrible things he's had to deal with and he JUST got to 100 days. and then, there's been a lot of things he's done RIGHT away; transparency and getting rid of old stuff and stuff like that. stuff that people have taken for granted like it's no big deal. and they're VERY VERY big deals. we got so used to being abused, we forget what it's like to have a great, normal, decent government.

glad to hear about your tour ... i want to go on another one!! it was too much info to absorb in one go around.

do you think i should be practicing/studying for the spelling? will you be spelling? help.