Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fuck you Princess Leia

So, I gave a Second City tour today for about 20 freezing high school kids and their freezing teachers.

It was rough and awesome both.

Awesome because I love giving tours, I really do. Generally I don't give a damn about the general American public, but give me 20 people who I don't know who want to go on a tour and I'll do my damndest to entertain them and make sure they're having a good time and also that they LEARN something, in a fun way.

And it's very nice to give a Second City tour, kind of mixes the two passions of the Hixx into one nice package no?

But these kids were freezing, they really were cold, to the point where it wasn't fun to be outside, it was a bit of torture to tell you the truth. They weren't having fun listening to my fascinating stories, so we ended up walking really fast, talking really fast and taking the poor souls back to Second City to look at pictures of famous people. They like that.

Anyway, one of the great stories I heard today was Carrie Fisher was drunk, walking up some staircase and she walks by this little kid and asks him to move something on the staircase and he says "Fuck you Princess Leia." That cracks me up.

Anyway, there is a greater option here for me, a possibility of more of these tours in the future, which I would really enjoy as it really does mix two things I love, giving tours and comedy.

So...yay.

Things are definitely looking up around here, there aren't enough hours in the day to do what I need to do and I like that feeling.

No comments: