Friday, January 16, 2009

Ahhh, Chicago

So, yeah, it's pretty cold here. This is no surprise to anyone, except maybe Remo, who always seems genuinely shocked when he walks outside.

I'm enjoying the back and forth of the people who are tired of people talking about the cold and the meta of the people who are tired of people talking about the cold because they're still talking about the cold, and the super-meta of me talking about both of them talking about the cold.

My feeling is part of the way to get through it is to complain about it. We complain about heat, we complain about cold, snow, rain...and we have earned that right by living here. So I don't mind too much when people talk about it. It brings us together.

I actually think it's very nice of Mother Nature to have not brought the cold until the really good TV starts. I mean, the really bad night hits and its time for 30 Rock, Kitchen Nightmares, The Office, BSG and Friday Night Lights? Thanks Mother Nature. She giveth and she taketh away.

Oh who am I fooling, I'm trying to write a decent blog post when all I can think about is that we leave in a week.

I fill my head with folly to speed up time. Father Time and Mother Nature are messing with me, I'm sure of it.

No comments: