Monday, October 27, 2008

Hi Monday!

Man, Mondays are a lot more fun when you're not working! YAY!

So, I had a really nice weekend, full of working and getting stuff done and more good ideas and movies and Working Girl and Amazing Races and running and all kinds of good things.

I now have 3 recruiters looking for work for me, I have a part time job at about 20 hours a week, a phone interview on Weds and I'm telling you, the more independent good ideas just keep rolling on in.

So today? One of the good ones. Except that its so damn cold.

I saw Religulous on Friday (5$ show at the Davis, yay the Davis!)I know what my man Curtis White has to say about Bill Maher, and its not good. He's a false prophet who uses the same fear tactics that the right uses, but man, ain't no one on the right as funny as Bill Maher. I saw him at the Improv Comedy Club 15 years ago when I worked there and I did not like his act at all, or him personally, but damn the Hixx loves herself some Real Time and this movie is hilarious. I laughed out loud, by myself, on more than a number of occasions. I was thoroughly entertained.

Tonight we go to a good friends birthday dinner...a Morracan buffet...should be delicious!

4 comments:

wafelenbak said...

Hooray for the good stuff coming to the Hixx!

rebar said...

>>I now have 3 recruiters looking for work for me, I have a part time job at about 20 hours a week, a phone interview on Weds and I'm telling you, the more independent good ideas just keep rolling on in.

Rooty toot! Keep on truckin', lady! Woot!



>>Bill Maher.
>>I did not like his act at all, or him personally, but damn the Hixx loves herself some Real Time

I feel exactly the same way. The worse part of Real Time is when he does his stand-up monologue.

The rest of it is rock solid gold.

Hope your Tuesday's as lovely as your Monday was.

I'm holding out hope for Wed.

Hixx said...

Thanks Waflen! Rebar...now that I got some time we need to hang out and eat cheeseburgers me thinks.

rebar said...

>>now that I got some time we need to hang out and eat cheeseburgers me thinks.


Dude, if that's what it takes to get a burger date with you, I would have gotten you fired ages ago!

Tweet!