Friday, August 22, 2008

Chase This

Hi!

Okay hi!

A few things.

First off, John is brilliant. I know you all know this already, but I just thought I should mention it again.

We had another long talk last night, the upside of all our changes, and he just has this way of being brilliant.

So things are better today, definitely better. We were talking about the honeymoon last night, going through all the variations on themes, should we go to Thailand, or not go, or do something else and John said “Why don’t we just go, no matter what, lets stick with our plan” and I said “I’m just so scared, we might have no money, no jobs, no nothing” and John says “I don’t want to make any decision about this based on fear.”

Whoomph.

I love him.

So, we’re good. We’re totally good, we’re excited about all these changes, there is just no way in hell this is all coincidence, we have our lives to live here! No fear!

It’s also a big fun weekend, Sabrina and I are doing the City Chase tomorrow, basically it’s the Amazing Race set in Chicago, it’s going to be awesome. And then tomorrow night is John’s bachelor party…hee.

We create our own universe, what we want to see and be is reflected back to us. I’m with John, no more fear, we’re going to steamroll ahead, filled with the love and energy of our wedding and our love of this beautiful fucking city that is becoming the star of the world and our awesome and hilarious friends.

We ain’t lost nothing.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

YAY!!!! I love you!! Good luck at City Chase tomorrow! I believe my iPhone will lead the way to triumph!

BTW, I just bought "The Road", I'm very excited

Anonymous said...

Damn skippy, lady.

smussyolay said...

i want to know how the chase went! what a perfect thing for you.

and john. can i meet this cat? i don't always get it right myself, but i'm often heard saying in a meeting or two, "we can't make this decision based on fear. we have to make this decision on faith, not fear. god/the universe/whatever's got us."

YAY!!