Monday, January 21, 2008

Hermit!

Wow. So this is what the outside world looks like huh? Interesting. Just as I remember it.

I did exactly what I said I was going to do this weekend. I stayed inside for most of the weekend. It was really strange. Really strange.

Every since we got “engaged”, we’ve both been on this responsibility kick. Our house is cleaner than its ever been, there are more groceries in our fridge, the dog is being walked within an inch of his life, I’m running and working out, John’s making healthy dinners…I don’t know who we are, but we’ve been working…hard. Somehow there’s this sense that now its time to get our acts together.

But this weekend, at least Saturday, neither one of us did much of anything. The HD cable guy (so cool) came early Saturday morning and for the rest of the day, we sat on the couch. Sure, we walked the dog, but those were so fast, so in and out we barely had time to get cold.

There were so many times in my head I thought “I really need to get up, I cannot sit on the couch all day, I really can’t, I have to clean/grocery shop/ do laundry/run/take dog out/be social” and I would force myself to not do any of those things. It wasn’t that hard to force myself, don’t get me wrong, but it was still weird to just not do ANYTHING. Really nothing. Sunday I still didn’t leave the house, except for one very ill-advised run (what was I thinking?), there was definitely more working going on. But there was still not a lot of working going on.

And I just want to state that Saturday was one of the greatest days ever. Man, I just sat with the dog in my lap and my boy at my side and we watched dumb cable TV and ate good food and just let the day pass by. I know I can’t do this all the time, but what a joy to let all responsibilities fade for just one day. I swear my head is clearer, I know it is. You can let your thoughts flow in and out that way, there’s nothing cluttering them up, no have-to’s, so your mind can rest on what it wants.

I dunno, but I feel good today, well rested and my brain feels rested. Truly…it’s weird. And nice.

And congrats to the hippies on Amazing Race. A quiet mind goes a long way.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi:

My name is William and I am CEO of the blog, www.Joboja.Blogspot.com . I look at your website regularly and I think it is good. In fact I have bookmarked it. I would like to partner and trade links with you. I am based in Chicago and I receive traffic locally as well as from all over the world. I hope to hear back from you soon and if you have any questions please let me know. If you decide to trade links with us please send back your web address and how you would like your site's name to be listed. Until then have a great day.

Best Regards,
William Parker
CEO, Joboja
jobojablogspot@gmail.com
(773) 835-0188

Anonymous said...

Hi:

My name is Knobby and I am CEO of the blog, www.Knobbyisaknob.Blogspot.com . I look at your knob regularly and I think it is good. In fact I have bookmarked it. I would like to partner and trade lknobswith you. I am based in Chicago and I receive traffic locally as well as from all over the knob. I hope to hear back from you soon and if you have any questions please let me knob. If you decide to trade links with us please send back your web address and how you would like your site's name to be listed. Until then have a great day. Oh and go get knobbed.

Best Regards,
Knobby
CEO, Knobbyisaknob
emailknobby@gmail.com
(773) 122-4585

Hixx said...

Knobby! My long lost friend Knobby!

Man, I am so glad to hear from Knobby.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Hixx! Did you hear Montrose collapse last night? That was a bizarre little thing to wake up to on the way to the train station this morning.

Erica said...

HAHAHA!
Oh, Knobby. Where have you been?

I had a similar weekend--I did very little. I told Fuzzy last night "One day, we will be people who clean their house and hang art on the wall and go to the gym, but right now, this is the best thing we could possibly be doing." It was wonderful.

Hixx said...

Julene! I did, how weird huh? I was actually kind of sad, poor little street.

Erica, you love knobby SO much.