Monday, December 17, 2007

Bonus Monday

Christmas is coming the Hixx is getting fat…whoops, I meant goose! THE GOOSE IS GETTING FAT! Ha. Seriously, I wasn’t trying to be mean to myself, I was just going for a bit.

Today is my five week not smoking anniversary. Happy non smoking to me. I feel loads better, starting to get the Christmas spirit, seems like things are leveling out physically for me, I still get moody of course, but its getting harder to decipher if that’s not smoking, or just my regular moods. Ha again.

Anyway, we had a really nice weekend this weekend. Saturday I spent a really nice visit with my mom, I haven’t been to see her alone in a few months, so it was nice to just sit mother and daughter. She has gotten it into her head that we should get married in a church, which is just ridiculous for us. John doesn’t go, I don’t go, my mother never went…it would be sacrilegious of us to do that you know? But I said to John, someone put that in her head. Now it’s in there…but I digress….remember that mom also wants me to have her psychiatrist come and teach salsa dancing at the wedding and got honestly mad at me when I told her Key West is not my first choice for a honeymoon. Key West?

Saturday night we went to Jin Jiu for dinner and that was SO delicious and cozy too, with the snow coming down in waves. Then we headed off to a friend’s Christmas party, which consisted of good drinks, great conversation and the most fabulous bacon ball I’ve ever had. Rawr.

Yesterday we spent cleaning and yet another Christmas party, the food was not quite as good, at least for John, who was testing a chocolate chip cookie’s softness for me and realized too late it was a mint chocolate chip cookie…nope, never good, but still, a fun party. Then we raced home to our pretty, clean apartment to get ready for:

SURVIVOR SUNDAY.

Yup, it happened the way I wanted it to happen pretty much. I still really wish they would stop the final three, I just hate it, but I thought this was a pretty good, simple season of Survivor. I’m glad Todd won, maybe he can help his 13 year old sister with her other miscarriages?

I thought Courtney was even more scary in the reunion.

It was a good Christmasy, snowy romantic weekend. This week is fun because you can just feel the energy in the air, there’s not much to do till the family arrives on Thurs.

Oooop, just got me Christmas bonus. Best Monday of the year….

No comments: