Wednesday, November 21, 2007

YOU are legend

Okay, early blog post today because even though official work people say we’re here till 5, I do not happen to work for Ebeneezer, so I believe we will be getting off early, and I want to be ready to bolt at a moments notice.

So, I completely lied yesterday when I said I was going to read magazines, not books for a few weeks. What happened? I Am Legend happened. Every once in awhile a movie comes along that gets the Hixx REALLY excited. The last time it happened unfortunately was War of the Worlds with my buddy Tommy Cruise, before that it was The Day After Tomorrow. Both movies were not so good. But now we move on to I Am Legend, with Hottie Mcpersonality, Will Smith. I like desolation movies, I like Will Smith and I love doggies. So, hence…my excitement.

So the book came yesterday and I debated for about .000001 second if I should read the book after the movie or before, and immediately sat down and started reading and now cannot put it down. I want to read it right now as I am writing, I want to eat it, I want to read it for the rest of my life. I don’t know why, I just…I don’t know. Actually, so far it is extremely similar to The Cell by Stephen King (or really The Cell is similar to I Am Legend because IAL was written in 1954), and hey, while I googled the year, I saw this quote from King (I am so brilliant really) “"I think the author who influence me the most as a writer was Richard Matheson. Books like I Am Legend were an inspiration to me." --Stephen King

Huh, okay, well that was easy.

So yeah, totally my Thanksgiving weekend book. We’re spending tomorrow with my mom and then headed to Wisconsin to see John’s family on Friday, too bad I’ll be reading my book THE WHOLE TIME. Kidding. I’m kidding.

Also, Beyond the Limit is back on the Discovery channel. The show about the groups making their summit bid for Everest? If you’re even remotely interested, this is turning out to be a fascinating trip, they’re just starting their big trek up the mountain from North Col, so check it out.

Okay, so thanksgiving…you all know what I’m thankful for right? Same every year right? I’m thankful for my handsome boyfriend (fine, beyonce then), my family, my friends, my dog, my job….still very thankful for all those things, hence…the quitting smoking. So this year, on this particular day, I am most thankful for that, and for myself for doing it, and for the running for making it bearable.

Now, let’s get out of here so I can take this flat ass and run it in the snow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Tankboy said...

Wait, I thought the flick was based on a graphic novel ... it's a BOOK book?

Hixx said...

Okay, according to Wikipedia it was ADAPTED to a graphic novel, but the original science fiction novel is a BOOK book. Yup. See? you're going to do the same thing aren't you?

Your New Yorkers are going to sit as long as my New Yorkers.