Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm So Hot Thursday

Okay, so it’s Thursday yes? Time for I’m So Hot Thursday. And even though this whole week has kind of been I’m So Hot Thursday, I’m going to do it again today for consistency. Consistency is my new vice.

I’m also done with the minute by minute non-smoking update. I’ll add that to the weekly ISHThursday updates, so you can hear how I’m doing weekly.

Let’s just say that today feels a thousand times better than yesterday. I feel good. All it is is this nagging feeling that there is something I REALLY want. But yesterday, I likened it to cheeseburgers and breakfast sandwiches. You know, I think I’ve said it before; I could eat cheeseburgers every day. And every day, in my subconscious, and on a very minor level, a part of me says “HEY! I WANT CHEESEBURGERS (or breakfast sandwiches) ALL DAY TODAY”, and then the other part says “No, that’s just silly, why don’t you just get the yogurt?” And then I do. And I barely notice this exchange. But I think/feel that this is how it is with the smokes, I want one...sure. But not so much that I have to HAVE one. Just like a cheeseburger at 8 in the morning, I may want one, but I wouldn’t actually HAVE one. So … yay. One day at a time.

I have my first non smoking test tonight, dinner with a friend who smokes, and we smoked together a lot. So…bring it. It is not my problem if someone else smokes. Has nothing to do with me. Cool. Plus…there will be nachos. A wonderful smoking deterrent.

Okay, so...the running huh? Yee haw! Wow, it’s a lot cooler when you’re not dying to catch your breath; I’m looking forward to being cleaner and cleaner and rocking this running house. My (almost) 3 mile run last night was just wonderful. And it just gets rid of all this nervous awful energy. I also snuck downstairs to our basement and stole some weights, so I’m doing some arm stuff, found some great do-it-yourself leg exercises too, to build up my muscles and all that.

I also spent Tuesday night, in a nicotine fit, working hard on my ipod. And I gotta tell you, I added almost every Sugar Ray song there is! I can’t help it, it is the shit to run to. They’re not my favorite band in any way, I had no idea I even really liked Sugar Ray, but when one of those effing songs comes on, and you’re tired, the Sugar Ray pumps your shit up. Seriously. Try it, I dare you.

No comments: