Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Safe and Sound

Hello Chicago!

I must say, it's nice to be back in the land of meat and beer, from the land of shrimp and beer. New Orleans was ridiculous fun, we had a truly good time, walked around, watched a wedding, ate po' boys and saw TWO FAMOUS people.

Alas, my camera stuff is all at work and I'm not quite back there yet, so you must all wait for the pics and explanations.

I'm home because we got a call that our pup had been hit by a car. He got off his leash and ran into Lawrence Ave. Pretty busy street. Our dog however is OKAY. He's got a pretty scraped up butt and a little cut in his mouth, but he's okay. Sleeping a lot, a little wobbly on his feet, but he's good and smiley.

We got the call on Sunday night and we were leaving crackass early on Monday morning, so there was no waiting around for us and we picked him up straight from the animal hospital.

I honestly still don't think I've processed it. I've been very proud of my quiet reaction to this news, but really...I just don't think I've really felt it.

Either way, we are all home, safe and sound, and today I take care of my little man and the big one too, but I'll be back at work tomorrow just like always.

Also, tomorrow will be a day off from Kinda Hot Wednesday. I'd rather show you all the pics from New Orleans.

2 comments:

smussyolay said...

oh no! snoutero! i am so glad he's okay. oh no! that's so bad. pet the snoutero for me. oh no! i'm so glad he's okay. i'm glad you're okay, too.

Erin said...

OH GOODNESS!! I am so glad he's Ok. My heart dropped out there.

Little Remo! Hugs!