Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lazy Days

Did you know that every day of my life I have to actively prevent myself from eating at McDonalds for every meal?

I just thought I’d throw that out there.

This morning the thunderstorms woke me up early. Even before Remo, this hardly ever happens. I figured I’d take the little guy out for his walk early, so I could crawl back in bed when I got back.

Remo. Hates. The. Rain.

He hates it so much. He squinches down his little ears, flat to his head, keeps his head down as if he’s trying to be more aerodynamic. He walks by the sides of the buildings as if the invisible cornices are going to protect him from his wet fate. He sidesteps or daintily jumps over puddles and will definitely push me into them if it means he will avoid them.

He gets his business done faster than the speed of light, peeing every five seconds and looking back at me to make sure I’ve seen him, so we can go home faster.

The thunder and lightening? Not even a shudder, but boy does he hate the rain.

Once we got back and I wiped him down and gave him his breakfast, we had a lovey session before I got back into bed.

Feeling all warm, happy, dry and cozy, I slipped back into the covers with my warm man. Remo went to sleep under the bed, right under John; I think he’s most comfortable there, like that’s the closest he can get.

And we snoozed and cuddled for another hour, listening to the rain, the thunderstorms, Remo’s wiggling around…it was so nice.

I was 45 minutes late to work, and it was worth every minute.

I love my boys.

1 comment:

Crescent said...

I'm so happy I know Remo and J now. They are both the super best!