Tuesday, May 03, 2016

Windfall

Anyone who knows me knows that we have been um, sort of um, BROKE AS ALL SHIT.

Broke so broke.

So so SO broke. Brokebrokebrokebrokebroke. (what tv/movie is that from? I can see a woman saying it over and over....)

Well, it's spring, that happens to be a good time for me - winters can be slow (and awesome!), but it all picks up now. And other people I live with have gotten jobs...

AND.

I got a little windfall! A little windfall that will just bring us back to stasis and a little to put away for the next time.

Which leads me to this:

As I was walking home from going to the bank to deposit my windfall check, I promised myself, "never again." Never again, I kept saying over and over as I walked, never again and I started to say it out loud, never again, never again...

And then, with all the glory of the universe, that turned into:

AS GOD IS MY WITNESS!!!

But I added something:

AS GOD IS MY FUCKING WITNESS!!!

I will never go broke again.

As god is my FUCKING WITNESS.

I will never go broke again. 

It made me laugh out loud. Mostly because it's truth.

No comments: