Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Well well well

That was fun.

A little piece I wrote struck a nerve and it got passed around and people liked it, they REALLY liked it!

Of course, I can't put my finger on why. Timing, writing, sharing - something just clicked. I like what I wrote, it's a great piece, but I couldn't tell you why this one.

And I can't recreate it ever. Or cling to it.

But I'll tell you what, it is a TON of fun to have people like something that I wrote. It's fun that people are seeing it and they're loving it and I think that what I come back to every time with anything Chicago Elevated related, is that everything I do for it, pretty much, is done out of truth of the mission. I love this city so much. It has given me so much, all I want to do is pay it back.

My work comes from a true and honest place of teaching people how awesome Chicago is. The writing is another way I can convey the same thought. Lost and Found - it has different intentions.
My personal life - different intentions. But Chicago Elevated, it is really just the one intention.

I don't stray from it much because it feels really good to have something so honest and unblemished.

Anyway.

YAY. Hee. Omg.

2 comments:

wafelenbak said...

I know the reason it struck a chord with me is that it ACKNOWLEDGED that this kind of sucks, and we can complain about it, but it doesn't mean we want to be anywhere else. I was just getting so frustrated with the forced optimism to "be thankful for what you have! it could be worse, you could be _________ !"
It was like, you acknowledge the suck, sat in it, and moved on. Very Buddhist. :) (also it was beautifully written)

Hixx said...

Thank you so much Waflen! You are awesome. And we'll get through it!!