Sunday, September 29, 2013

Catching Up

Whirlwind!

Sweetie Maude was great. I was like a proud mom I think. I exclaimed out loud a few times, laughed too much sometimes, cried a little - it was great. We all went out, I had 3 too many martinis and rocked an awesome hangover the next day, so - I'm assuming it was a success.

What's mot interesting are the questions I got and how I answered, or failed to answer, them.

"How do you feel?"

Good! How do you feel? You know? I don't know. I feel good.

"Do you feel good about it?"

Yup.

As much as I love other people, their opinions on this are useless to me. I mean, I don't know if you're saying nice things because you really enjoyed it or because you think you have to. And that's totally chill with me, it doesn't matter much. I'm pretty sure it's good. If it's not no one is ever going to tell me that anyway, so...it only matters how I feel about it.

And I'm proud, I'm pleased and I'm also done. It's over. It gets put into the "past work" compartment and it's over. Nothing else to worry about there, it doesn't require any of my attention. I'm looking forward to seeing the last show and that's about that. And that feels good too. Sometimes it's nice not to cling.

VIETNAM!

Seems so surreal. I can't believe we're going. We both feel a little detached I think. But we keep moving forward, the steps keep getting taken.

Into the unknown we go.

No comments: