Monday, July 15, 2013

Vietnam YO

So we did it. We made the plunge.

We did the big thing that needed to be done for this to happen - we bought our AIRLINE TICKETS!!! Oh my god. Vietnam 10/2 - 10/24 - that's also some Cambodia and a few days in Thailand (for the novel!) before we head home.

I can't believe it. I'm terrified.

I mean, we have the money, we paid for it, but...you know, we don't have A TON of money left over you know what I mean? It's a big thing. This is why people don't travel too, not just "AMERICA" and all that, but because it's expensive and you really have to make it a priority or it's just too easy for things to get in the way.

Because honestly, everything could get in the way.

But John and I both decided that if we didn't go on this trip, Lost and Found would really just be dead in the water. As a friend of ours so wisely said "If you want to have a travel blog, you have to travel." S'true.

We talked, a lot. Both of us decided dropping Lost and Found was NOT what we wanted, at all. And there are lots of neat little things happening, it's really starting to grow now and we're becoming part of a community and...well...I really want to go.

John's mom was here this past weekend, she's in a lot of pain and she's young you know? She was lamenting a vacation she was supposed to have taken recently that she couldn't go on. And under her voice and her leaky eyes, I could hear her saying "go now, go now before it's too late." And so fuck yeah.

We're going.

No comments: