Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Updates

Memorial Day Weekend - 2012

A weekend of goodness and sadness.

Tours went great. It feels so good to have tours back. That Second City tour is so excellent. It really might be my favorite of all of them. I've been giving it the longest, my bits are perfected and anyone who comes on that tour has kind of been pre-vetted, they're all really fun. Feel so good to be giving tours for 24 people, who are laughing and talking and having a great time. It is absolute confirmation that I'm doing the right thing. Which is nice, because winter and just doing one tour all winter long, starts to make me think...is this right?

It is.

My Disaster! Tour is coming along BEAUTIFULLY. It's still not where I want it to be, but I see the possibilities of it. It's going to be awesome.

And the weekend was spent with mom. A little bit more gone each day. Quieter and quieter. She's in no pain. Everyone comes in to check on her. Everyone cares so much. All the nurses at the home are taking such good care of her.

Yesterday I went to see her and she was mumbling away, mumble mumble mumble. Talking about all kinds of stuff. Her eyes half-closed, I can't understand a word.

And then every once in awhile, much like a young, tiny baby, every once in awhile mom will open her eyes WIDE and she'll see me, she'll see me for one second and then go back.

She's peaceful. Her room is peaceful. She's quiet and warm.

We honestly could not wish for more than this.

No comments: