Friday, December 09, 2011

Old and warm

I honestly get fearful of winter. I think a lot of us do. We get anxious and worried and scared and depressed.

But not this year! NO HOW NO WAY.

Why?

Because my handsome husband did his wife a solid. John managed to get a gift certificate for Patagonia, and he did the right thing alright alright, he gave the GC to his wife.

Now, we all know I'm not a shopper, not even close. Usually what I'll do is get the cheapest of whatever it is I need (food, clothes, shoes, doesn't matter) and run out the store as fast as I can. So, I've spent many many winters with a cheap coat and cheap Payless shoes. I've never even really known a true coat. Not really.

So this year I went to Patagonia, tried on all the coats and picked one with the nice lady's advice. The coat I picked weighs less than my fingernail. I'm not kidding. And it's slim and compact. I told the nice lady that I didn't believe this would work, this light coat - it feels like nothing is in it.

For the first time, I took my coat out yesterday and OH MY GOD. Is this how people have lived? This is how they do it! This is the warmest fucking (I've been swearing today, bear with me, hi Melisa!) coat I have ever worn in my life. It's totally lightweight so it works great in the pedway. It's not heavy and I don't get all hot. And it works with your own body temp, so as soon as I unzip it, it just feels like I'm wearing a hoodie or something.

Next up? Boots. Good boots. John's parents are buying me REAL boots for Xmas. They're beautiful. And I can't wait.

I feel very mature and grown up, like the time I bought myself a real umbrella. This is aging people. And it is Fantastic.

2 comments:

Melisa Wells said...

*waving* Hiiiii!

And I can vouch: it's a spectacular coat. I forgot how you hate to shop. Congrats on getting through that! haha!

smussyolay said...

i am super envious of you. mega. :)