Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home is a wonderful place

You know what's nice? People.

You know what's really nice? People who go out of their way to help you out, or just sit and talk with you, or empathize with you, or support you, or cry with you or laugh with you.

I'm very thankful for my friends and family these days. There's just something about India that makes you realize how lucky you are and not in an "I'm so glad I'm an American" kind of way, but in a "I'm actually understood and loved" kind of way.

Getting back into the swing of things, still no dog, which is just too weird for my mind to wrap around it, but home is nice. Home is good. Home is cozy and there is everything I need here, which really means a western toilet and a hot shower and moisturizer.

Getting settled back into thinking about the book, I'm still really hyped and excited about that too. Which is good, I can lose interest in things sometimes, but not this...I got a sample book in the mail, something that looks kind of like what my book will look like and I got really excited!

Also, you know, not much Christmas in India. All those Hindis and Muslims, they're not so excited about the birth of baby Jesus as we are here in the states, so it's been very weird to come home to the height of the Christmas season, but it's really fun too. All the music and decorations and I was smart enough to put up all our decorations before we left, so it's all here...the fake Christmas tree, the ornaments and the door hanging that says "Believe" on it.

And my Prancer viewing should be real soon too, maybe tonight. We'll see what John has to say about that.

No comments: