Wednesday, August 18, 2010

One track and tunnel vision and scrapes and videos and presents and stuff

So okay, we're at 12 days here till the big Burningman. One minute I'll be dreaming about an imagined desert and the next my stomach drops into my knees and I'm scared to death. I have no idea what we're doing. I have no idea why I'm so afraid, I have no idea what is drawing me so heavily to this thing. Bah.

I fell off my bike. I honestly think my brain really is half not thinking...it was a valid crash with a valid ugly ass scrape (it's really two gross scrapes that kind of bleed into each other)but I'm shaky. I haven't fallen off my bike in a long time - it makes for shaky going. Luckily I was on my way to mom's and she lives in what's basically a hospital so I had a nice nurse clean it and bandage it, it was nice. But the scrape is really nasty, even John says its nasty, so it is.

John got me a present for Burningman:


It's totally awesome. And if you didn't know or are new here...my dad really DID invent Simon! I think it's so cute. I've always kind of wanted one and now I have one! Yay John!

But with all the tunnel vision of Burningman, I've been having really productive weeks. I'm going to be starting the Pedway Tours again real soon and now I have knowledge I didn't have the first time, so I'm excited about that. The Boystown Tour still struggles along, but I still talk to it and love it and try to keep it alive - I'll still do it next year but there will definitely be changes.

Things are good. Let's all just stay here as long as we can okay?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It just shipped.