Thursday, July 01, 2010

Burningman

It is July 1st!

Do you know what that means?

That means Burningman is NEXT MONTH.

Omg.

Omg.

This is by far one of the craziest things I have ever done in my life. I think it might be THE craziest thing I have ever done. Sure, I've been Thailand...but I ain't never been to the desert. With 50,000 other people. And no opportunity to buy anything, sell anything...

Sabrina is coming over tonight for the first of our planning meetings. We're going to rummage through our camping gear and pull out what we need. Once we do that we'll mail what we do have to my brother in San Francisco - to be picked up once we arrive there on August 31st.

Certainly one of the craziest parts of this whole thing is how out of touch we'll be. No phones. No internet. No nothing.

How will my husband know I'm okay?

How will I know I'm okay?

This is the van we're renting:



How are we going to get through a list of things we need (it's pages long)?

Are we really freaking doing this?

We are, wanna know why? We already bought our tickets ($300) and our airline tix (more than that).

Sabrina and I are going to Burningman.

Next month.

Omg.

3 comments:

BigHig said...

I have a lot of camping and other festival type gear. Let me know if there's something your looking for. A sun shade, perhaps?

Hixx said...

That's awesome Higs! Thank you. We'll go through our list from Crunchy Momma (true) and see what we're missing. You are the best!

Hendo said...

You know, you're picking a great year to go. Apparently Leatherpussy is headlining.