Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Credit is due

I don't take it for granted, but sometimes I don't voice it often enough.

My husband is fantastic.

He has been working like a madman, I haven't seen him since we got back from the Dells. He's been getting home at around 1-2AM every night and probably won't be home until about 5AM tomorrow morning.

He does this without much complaining. He's so tired, I can see it in his eyes, but he gets up every morning, smiles at the dog, sits for a minute to get his bearings and gets up and goes back to work. There are parts of it that are heartbreaking...I made a promise to myself and to him that I didn't want him to lead a "life of quiet desperation." It kills me that he goes there every day and doesn't get to come home and be with me and the dog.

But I know why he's doing it and I think 80% of the reason is me. He knows that I know that I'm on to something here. If he keeps working like this, at this job, he can support me financially while I get this thing off the ground. Do you know what that is? That is amazing. He goes to work like a madman and I get to follow my heart. You don't find men like that every day.

I know it's not all me, John is doing this for himself too. It's nice to have work after a year and a half of not having work. It's nice to have money and to start paying off our debts. These are all nice things for him too.

And I have promised him, I just need a year, maybe two, before I can support us both. He won't have to do this for long and when he's just about had enough he can come be a production designer on my travel show and we'll travel the world together.

Think that's thinking too big? I don't. I have every faith in the world that that can happen.

But only because my husband is giving me the time to insure that it does.

2 comments:

rebar said...

Dude. I love you two. I'm not sure if either of you realise that your happiness in and support of each other makes other folks happy too.

Ok. Now I have to go kick a puppy before I OD on sunshine.

xoxo
rebar

Hixx said...

Aw! Thanks Rebecca. Our cool friends help too.