Thursday, February 04, 2010

Happy Day

One year ago today I know exactly where I was. I was in Bangkok, getting ready to take a 13 hour train to Chiang Mai with my husband. We had romantic notions of the train ride, private cars and sleeping to the gentle rocking of a humming train.

Silly lovers. That was one of the longest and most horrendous nights of my life. And I'm almost 40, so..

One year ago today was also John's birthday, which means today is John's birthday!

I have some gifts and we're going to dinner and his parents are coming and we have a Superbowl party on Sunday and a really, nice, fun weekend planned. I'm looking forward to it. It's a celebration, a true celebration. It's also a chance for John to actually enjoy some time off this weekend, hang with his parents and me and our friends.

It was nice to get him some gifts. It really was. It was nice to spend a little money on something completely senseless for him. It's nice to treat ourselves some and CELEBRATE!

And this year, we can sleep in our own bed and not on a Chiang Mai train, which is present enough for both of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.