Friday, February 26, 2010

Good Week

Now we're talkin'.

I had a really good week this week. My tours were well attended, I just bought my ticket for Burningman and I made new friends and loved old ones.

Yesterday from start to finish was all lady. Now, I like hanging with dudes. Always have. I have three older brothers, what do you expect? But I love me some ladies. There's a particular laugh that one lady gets out of another lady that no man can receive. I love listening to women laugh together, even if I don't know them. There's something so female about a good freaking belly laugh when your friend says something hilarious.

Yesterday was that. I gave a private tour to a friend of mine and John's and she brought 5 other women. And these women were artists and foodies and cooks and mosaic tile workers and running restaurants and closing restaurants and wow. I mean, they were so neat and what was fun was I was someone like that too. I'm a weird, creative business owner lady. I dig that. And we laughed and they taught me things and I taught them things and it was just a good time.

Then last night I hung out with a group of ladies I know fairly well, but not bestest friends. Oh my goodness we ate cookies and LAUGHED oh my god we laughed. We cried and laughed. It was something. Total lovefest.

Then today I gave another fun tour and hung with my brother at the Art Institute where he taught me things about art which help me understand architecture, so even though it was fun, it was also work.

And that, is what I'm talkin' about.

No comments: