Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wednesday? Wow.

It's Saturday! That's a long time not to blog for me. (what kind of sentence was that?)

We just got back from Wisconsin a few hours ago, been to see the in-laws. It's fun to go to the in-laws because John's mom is a great cook and just makes all this food: chicken salad and cheesecake and huge chunks of ham and strawberries and all this bread and potato chips and fresh corn and ah, it's just so good. It's nice to be mothered sometimes.

It's been quite a few days of life and death and celebration and grief. We attended a funeral on thursday morning before Wisconsin and we have our friends wedding next week. I've never really been to a funeral before, is that weird? I mean, my father was a devout athiest and donated his body to science and my grandmother had one I guess I didn't go to and my grandpa...I'm not sure about that and really...not that many people that I know have died or had wakes or funerals.

So, it was a bit odd and interesting to see a funeral and it's so touching to be a part of these people's grief, my god it's just so human and even though this is their specific one we so understand their confusion and ... ah. It's just the pinnacle of the human experience. It was also the first dead body I have ever seen. I'm quite naive really.

Next week we fly to Ft. Lauderdale to attend Matt and Wendy's wedding. I'm excited, it's going to be a nutty weekend, it'll be good to get out of the city and just...what a celebration.

For now it's nice to be home in my warm house, John's mom sent us home with so much food, we don't have to go anywhere for weeks if we don't want to. Happy Saturday to me.

No comments: