Thursday, March 19, 2009

ISHT

Since yesterday at my blog post time Natasha Richardson has died. John told me that all Broadway theater marquees are dimming their lights at 8PM for one minute. Touching tribute I think. A much better tribute than me going to see Taken tomorrow, which is what I'm going to do. At least Liam Neeson can have my...dollar fifty.

Moving on.

I haven't really been keeping up on the I'm So Hot Thursdays, mostly because I've just been kind of cruising along just fine. I've lost about 8 pounds since I got married (ha) and roughly 4 of those pounds I lost in Thailand. Put me in a boiling hot place from a freezing cold place, make me afraid to eat any food whatsoever, make me ride a plane for 20 hours and BOOM, I can lose 4 pounds. Just goes to show you how hard it is I suppose.

So I've been maintaining pretty well. I'm terrible at losing, but pretty good at maintaining. Although with the warm winds of spring in our midst it adds that layer of motivation certainly. And that's where my girlfriend Jillian Michaels comes in. I'm doing her Shred 1 & 2 (from the OnDemand on Comcast) and then I try and do her hour long one, but I never make it all the way through. And I still run and hill walk on the treadmill. I know I"m getting stronger because I can feel it in my own bones, but not sure its making its outward appearance just yet.

And I'm not going to lie, its nice to have lost weight. It feels good. But I do find with the weight that I lost comes an additional worry about gaining it back, about losing more...there's just as much worry when I've lost.

It makes me think about what people say about the rich...the more they get the more they worry, that what seems like an only advantageous move sometimes can make it worse.

Not that I want to gain it back!

But I need to enjoy what I've done so far instead of worrying about it.

True for almost everything no?

No comments: