Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Meme

What a year, we all know what a year it was, so let's review. I can't help it, sometimes nothing will work like a meme.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?

Got married. Heh. Got let go. Heh. Thought about my career/life in a whole new way.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Um, my resolutions were pretty tame last year, lost weight, exercise, eat healthier. I think I've accomplished getting better at those things, but not mastering them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes! my sister in law, we welcoomed the thoughtful Turner into our lives.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

No ma'am

5. What countries and/or states did you visit?

We went to Albany and NYC. And Door County. Your own wedding prevents you from really going anywhere.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

Creative assurance.

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

September 20. Wedding!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting let go, believe it or not.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Believing that things would stay exactly as they were.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

No! I fell and hurt my hand on the ice the other day...

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Two tickets to Bangkok

12. Where did most of your money go?

Hello Wendella Boat, nice to meet you.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Barack Hussein Obama

14. Compared to this time last year, are you:

Happier or sadder? Definitely happier in the truest sense of the word, not the middle mind sense of the word.

Older or wiser? Wiser. Wiser, but only because I know I'm not wiser.

Thinner or fatter? A smooch thinner.

Richer or poorer? Poorer, which makes me richer.

15. How will you be spending New Year's Eve?

At a friends, then a a friends, then a friends. YAY!

16. Did you fall in love in 2008?

Even more so.

17. What was your favorite TV program?

Damages!

18. What was the best book you read?

The best book I read was Caine Mutiny I think, but the one that had the most impact was The Spirit of Disobedience.

19. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 38 and attended my bridal shower.

20. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

To know at the beginning of 2008 what I know at the end. This too shall pass.

21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

Oh my god this one cracks me up.

22. Who did you miss?

My mom in her full, pre-stroke mind.

Man, that meme had 40 questions, I took some out, they were silly or redundant.

There is nothing to add now to 2008....

Happy New Year EVERYONE! YAY!

1 comment:

wafelenbak said...

I love this meme! But man, I need to make the time to complete it. :p
Happy New Year!