Monday, October 20, 2008

Up and Up

Hello everyone! I'm here I'm here!

So, hi.

Okay.

Guess what?

I'm pretty okay with losing my job.

John and I went to Wisconsin for his mom's birthday, and as usually happens, had an awesome talk on the way up and back.

We've come up with some plans, fun plans, cool plans, on what we want out of our lives now and how we're going to go about getting them. They're kind of secret plans right now, but they're really great plans and I'm excited to get started on them. Yip!

So, part of this new life starts with me getting some work. I'm really looking for part time stuff, stuff to get us through the end of the year. And as luck would have it, friends step up at just the right moment. I think I have one already cemented, I'll let you know about that once I know for sure. And I think I'll probably just find something else...either office work or hell, I'll go work at Borders or something for my other half. Or a temp job...who knows, but I have people on the case, and I'm on the case, and so...that's the deal.

Today has been a whirlwind of work already, it feels so good. I ran this morning, got some work, and went to go vote. Now I spend some time with my honey.

So I feel great, I know some days will be up and some will be down, but for now...its all up.

And don't worry little blog. I won't forget about you!

3 comments:

Becky Eldridge said...

are you done done already???

Wow! I'll be unemployed starting on Friday, so let me know if you want to go to a cheap movie/free day at the museum/etc.....

Hixx said...

Oh yeah, I left that day. They said I could leave or I could stay.

I left.

Free museum day! YES!

rachelleb said...

I don't know why they do that.. tell you that you can stay. I was laid off days before Christmas a few years ago. They told me I wasn't technically laid off until January 1 (so I'd get benefits through January) and that I could either keep coming in or just leave that day and never come back. Who would want to keep coming in!??! Adios!