Thursday, October 09, 2008

ISHT - Getting Back on the Horse edition

Okay, so…another week past!

ISHT!

Lets just say I’m still struggling a bit with these few extra wedding pounds…ah, struggle away right?

I’m trying really hard to get back to a focused workout but its rough! I’m running basically three days a week right now and that is just not enough. I’ve been lame about riding my bike, so my usual “other” workout isn’t happening and I can’t bear somehow, to get on the treadmill or do my home workouts, I just…can’t bear to right now. Maybe subconsciously I’m sad about the end of summer and not facing the fact that I’m going to need to do something else.

Sigh.

But, I ran this morning before work again and I have to say, I am really enjoying this. I can’t tell you all how much it changes my day when I do it. It just starts me off in a totally different place then when I don’t, a place of power and energy and strength that I don’t get on the days I roll out of bed into the shower you know? And then I get my whole night to myself.

So…I’m still battling this stuff, still battling eating this or that or not or feeling guilty about it or not and wondering what it is I’m really trying to get out of this all in the first place and trying to see myself in some kind of objective light and not worry about fat or pudge or cheeseburgers or not running or running…

You know what I need?

Something else to do with my time so exercise is just something that I do, not something I think about too much.

SURVIVOR GABON! GET UP ON GABON!

No comments: