OMG! Hi! I’m married! YAY! WE DID IT!
We did it. The prettiest city in the world held the most beautiful day ever for us and we did it!
omg I’m so relieved.
So, I don’t know how to do this exactly, to explain the days leading up to and the day of the wedding. There’s so much that happened, so much running around, so many friends and family, so many wonderful things, the only thing I can manage to do right now is point out some highlights.
- the wonderful time I spent with John in those last few days leading up to the wedding. We worked hand in hand, kisser to kisser and enjoyed ourselves and each other so much. I honestly think that was my favorite part, all the errands and the lunches and the dinners and just being together, planning this thing was so wonderful. Ah my, I love him so much.
- My early morning walk on the actual wedding day, going down at 7:30AM to check out the boat, walking around the city alone, contemplating and thinking and feeling.
- My dear friend Wendy, a bridesmaid by proxy, coming to spend that morning with me so I didn’t go crazy.
- Sabrina meeting us for manicures and pedicures, the ladies….gossiping and laughing.
- The walk down the aisle…overwhelming.
- My dear friend John with his beautiful speech and ceremony, he was spectacular and touching and hilarious.
- My John…so handsome and teary.
- Wendy and Ross singing Endless Love, when they finished and we were all laughing and singing with them, I turned to John and said “that was all I wanted, that right there, was all I wanted. They were so hilarious and wicked cool.
- The city, you did us right Smelly Onion
- My letters my brother Stuart got for us. Well wishes from MAYOR DALEY and STEPHEN SONDHEIM! Beautiful letters framed and ready to go. I don’t know how he did this, but he did it.
- The electric slide. Hell yeah.
- Our toasts, every last one of them, even if Sabrina dropped the “F bomb” and came out to the entire wedding…oh my girl.
- The party at the Town Hall, everyone letting their hair down for the best after party ever.
I could go on forever, I truly could, there were so many moments, so many tears and so much laughter.
And truly my friends, my dear blog reading friends, the fact that now it is finished, that we pulled this off, that we DID IT. And that I can wake up each morning with the knowledge that I just have my regular life to lead now, that I can create our home with our dog and just be married, be newlyweds and that we can enjoy each other and revel in our job well done from here on out.
Here are some pics, I will continue to tell stories and remember everything for you all as we go along!
All these pics are courtesy of my friend Gena, I will post more as we go along, but she took some really lovely pics!
This is me singing into the bouquet for Endless Love: