Thursday, January 10, 2008

You all know what day it is....

Oh its time its time, its time for I’m So Hot Thursday! Yip!

Okay, what’s happening:

148.0 – if its not going up, I’m fine with it.

I’m at 8 weeks 4 days of not smoking. Whew. I’m really getting there huh? I think so. Certainly as the weeks go by the pain gets less and less. I still often think about smoking, I don’t know what I think about it, but I think about it. But life does seem a little more livable these days. It’s not so much about denying myself something anymore as thinking about it, wanting one for two seconds, and letting it go (how I should be with all my thoughts really). You know, after the first two weeks, you don’t feel different anymore; all the good side effects of quitting are now part of who you are, so after those first few weeks, there’s really nothing to notice anymore. EXCEPT, the taste buds! John and I were at the Mart eating salads and egg rolls and every thing I put in my mouth was just salty as hell. I kept asking him “Why is the chicken SO salty?”, “Why is this egg roll SO salty?”, “Why is this salt SO salty?” And finally by the end of all my questions, John said “maybe your taste is coming back, when does that happen?” “About two months” I said. “Interesting” he said and then I shut up. So yeah, I think my sense of taste and smell are getting stronger. So that’s kind of neat.

And lest you look next to this blog entry and see that run from 12/14 and assume I’m not running, you should know that I AM! My computer died, or is dying, and I haven’t been able to download my runs, but I have been, and it was rough! My first run outside in three weeks came after a night out, dehydrated and tired and I could barely run a mile. I went out for a two mile run, ran the mile out and walked in the rest. Hee. My run after that was much better, and I plan on cruising tonight.

I also don’t belong to a gym, so I’ve been collecting at-home exercises from magazines. I try each one out and see what I think, and just the other night I cut them out and put them onto index cards, so now I have these exercises I like all in one place.

I truly want to keep getting stronger. Of course like anyone else, I have days when I hate my body, where I have trouble with my stupid boobs or my wiggly thighs, but what I want more than to “lose weight” is to be stronger. I have a lot of “core” exercises in my little notebook, and these exercises really point out to me how truly not strong I am, and motivate me to get stronger. So that feels nice. It’s about improving my insides more than my out.

The eating thing is still a battle but I will say one thing here, I know lots of people that have lost weight with Weight Watchers, but one of the mags I get is a WW mag and MAN, I just could not live like that. Measuring and counting and all that jazz. I’m not discounting it for other people, we all work differently, but I don’t ever expect myself to be able to diet that way. The best I can do for myself is to make some healthy alternatives, the Fage yogurt, this great wheat bread I got with flaxseed and NO corn syrup…stuff like that. But part of the reason why I exercise is so I can be a little more lax about what I eat. I enjoy it. I enjoy eating well too, but I enjoy chocolate chip cookies (not the ones I made the other night though, blech), I love cheeseburgers, etc.

So yeah, I’m on a good roll for the new year, I feel mostly “body confident”, I have no problem with looking this way for any particular wedding that might come up (maybe a little tighter, but if it was tomorrow, I’d be fine with that) and I still have a lot of running goals I want to meet.

Anyone ever do a mini-triathalon? Shoot, I could bang that out in no time! (Sure I could) I do like all three things….I might check it out right now….

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop buying a laptop. Get a Mac. Jeez.

James

smussyolay said...

congrats, lady. you sound so fabulous.

Tankboy said...

Thanks Hixx, now I need a cigarette ... and I was doing so well.

Hixx said...

Mac's are for nerds.

Thanks Smuss, day by day right?

TB, sorry bro. Next time I'll talk about broccoli, and then you can have all you want!