Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Time Out

What an interesting day.

In the good news department, John and I got a shout out from Time Out Chicago for the salad blog! YAY! I think it’s very neat, I had no idea it was happening and it really pleases me. So thank you TOC, and thank you to John, and no thank you to the salad we had today. Yuck.

Time Out Link


In the bad news, my boy Heath is still … not alive. From what I can tell, no one still knows what happened to him, and I guess it doesn’t really matter anymore. Does it make him more of a martyr to have died of a suicide? An overdose? An accident? He’s still not going to make anymore movies, so what does it matter?

Anyway, I checked my blog for my mentions of Heath…here are some of them, as a Hixx tribute to my Hollywood boyfriend.

This is the first instance of Mr. Ledger in Chicago Stories, I had seen A Knight’s Tale and 10 Things, and loved both, but this seems to be the first time I saw him as a true “actor”:

11/8/05 The weekend was fun, Friday I stayed in and smoke free and watched Lords of Dogtown which was pretty good, but more than worth it for Heath Ledger, he was hy-larious.

He really was too, I put a little youtube of LOD down at the bottom, but this was the first time I realized he had a little Gary Oldman in him, that he could “be” anything, especially ... he could be really weird.

A couple months later:

1/3/06 5. Movie: Brokeback Mountain- I don’t know if I’ve said it in my blog before, but Heath Ledger rocks. Heath Ledger rocks so hard he’s my new Tom Cruise. I will see anything he does anywhere, any time. He has turned into an amazing actor. Please. Please see Lords of Dogtown if you love Heath Ledger. And of course, A Knights Tale. Brokeback was amazing, but a little cheesy in some places and I’m not sure I got the full impact, if you know what I mean. But yeah, Heath. Mmmm.

One of my favorites, from a “Get Up on This” thread:

6/1/2006 10. Heath Ledger. Just cause it’d be fun to get up on Heath Ledger.

Another fave:

8/2/06 Did you hear the news? He did it! Heath Ledger is the new Joker. I hear lots of people complaining, but they don’t know Heath like I know Heath. He’s the new Gary Oldman; he can be whatever he wants, whenever he wants, wherever he wants. It’ll be even better if the Joker gets to go naked and has to come to Chicago naked and do interviews with the Chicagoist Books and Literature contributors, naked.

This is an excerpt from my letter to Tom Cruise, telling him I still like him even though he’s weird:

8/28/06 And I also want you to know that I don’t “like” like you. I just like you. But I’d rather "do it" with Heath Ledger, so I’m not just doing this to butter you up, I promise. There’s a lot of people I’d rather “do it” with than you, just so you know.

There are a few other ones, but you get the gist. I just want the universe to know that the Hixx will miss him especially. However it happened, whatever he did or didn’t do, he was the cutest little piece of pie ever.

So here’s a Lord’s of Dogtown vid, its the only one I could find, so it doesn't really show you how weird he was, but it kind of does. And of course, his swan song for all us 30-something men and women from 10 Things.



No comments: