Thursday, January 17, 2008

ISHT

Okay, I gotta be quick…coupla things.

1. Getting married is very expensive. I’m just not sure how we're going to do this the way we want to!

2. I don’t care about the Tom Cruise video. I don’t. I don’t care. Yes yes, Scientology is very funky, I get it, I hate it too. But nothing you can say will get me to change my opinion that Tom Cruise movies are the most fun movies. Kay.

Now, I’m So Hot Thursday!

150. Do NOT ask me how I gained two pounds, when I’m now exercising 5 days a week, eating better than I ever have, both in quantity and quality, and have added strength work. I swear I’m not going to worry about it, but I don’t have to like it do I?

I signed up for the Shamrock Shuffle, an 8K, which is about five miles. I know I can do this, it’s on March 30th. If I had to, I could go do it right now! So I feel confident I can do it pretty well by 3/30. But I did decide to do Hal Higden’s training plan! And that’s kind of fun, I like structure, so to have this is nice, and again, it gets me working out 5 days instead of 3…

I also wanted to mention that I think Special K is one of the greatest things in the world. It’s a great cereal, it’s a great topping on my Fage, AND they have these delicious bars that are only 90 calories and I think, are most delicious. I love them. Up with Special K. Up.



Also, this bread is awesome and has not corn syrup or hydrogenated bullshit. And it doesn’t taste like cardboard, tastes like bread. Yum.



So yeah, John especially has been working very hard in making healthier meals…last night we had turkey brats, which were DELICIOUS and on whole wheat buns, and that was great! So these little changes will add up I hope, and instead of adding pounds will take away.

Right now I guess I’m trusting myself and having faith that somehow my body is still changing from not smoking (9 weeks, 4 days) and working out, and strength work, and that eventually it will settle in at a comfortable 140 pounds. Which would be great.

Right? It will right?

5 comments:

matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
matt said...

The 2 pounds are obviously muscle from all the exercising. Of course you may be putting on more muscle due to the exercise AND the "flax seed" bread.

Barry Bonds also took "flax seed" oil... just saying.

smussyolay said...

thanks for the bread suggestion. i'm going to try that shit out.

yeah, matt's right. although big black tried to use that excuse on 'rob and big' when he still weighed 416 pounds, in your case, i think it is the real deal. muscle weighs more than fat, yo.

stephanie said...

i love the Special K bars, too. they are the best!

Hixx said...

Thanks guys! I will try to believe you, although all this "muscle" is making my pants kinda tight. Huh.

Speeds, totally on the Special K bar, totally.