Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Shrimp

So, I just went outside to practice our dance for Apes, I tried to find somewhere where no one would see me, and I perched myself right by the river, tucked behind a tree, no one around. Until I realized when I looked up that there were probably about 10,000 people in various tall buildings they call skyscrapers that could potentially be watching me shake my money maker…so much for that idea.

Anyway, nice weekend all around, Friday night was exactly what I wanted, good friends, good drinks and photo hunt until I couldn’t see it anymore. Saturday was a bike ride to moms and a good dinner at Pizza DOC. Yum. Saturday night we watched A MOVIE. Do you know what those are? We had forgotten. We came home and actually put a DVD into the player and watched it. It’s been so long, we never seem to have a solid two hours to do anything, so to watch a movie was pure joy. We watched Pan’s Labyrinth and it was so not what either of us expected and we both loved it.

I decided it was another story telling us that we are not special. She was to be a princess, but she wasn’t, her fantasy life did not take her away from real life at all…doomed to be a faceless regular. Ah life.

Sunday played some cribbage and checked out King of Kong. Oh my sweet lord in heaven, one of the greatest movie experiences ever. Another plus. I don’t even know how to explain the greatness of this movie, so just see it while you can, and if you can’t…just wait for that thing called the DVD, because it’s worth the wait.

Sunday night we had a good dinner with me brother and came home and played more cribbage. I’m losing…badly.

Monday we cleaned and cooked, for John decided to have a shrimp boil. So we had some friends over for beeragitas... (It sounds horrible, it doesn’t taste so good either, but not as bad as you might think) and shrimp and sausage and potatoes and corn…we sat outside and played 80’s trivia and giggled and ate until we were so stuffed we couldn’t answer anything anymore and finally had to give up. Maybe next Labor Day.

Today is about taking care of all the little things, working on my popping and locking, and asking for what I want.

It’s harder than you might think.

No comments: