Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

3:15 on a Christmas Even afternoon. It's the Ice Storm outside and I am done driving for the day. I hate driving in bad weather, I have a small phobia. I used to live in the highest town in the continental US and we had to cross a mountain pass every day on the way to work - in the middle of mountain Colorado winter. It scared me so much and it scared me every time. Ever since then I have hated driving in snow and ice and blech.

ANYHOO, this has been a really kind and quiet Christmas. My brothers and I starting to figure out how to have Christmas without mourning or catering to the parts of mom we have lost. It's been almost 5 years since mom had her stroke, time to move on. It's a bit sad that part of the way to move on is to move away a little. My brothers and I have to start new traditions, new things to do without her because when we're with her, we can't talk to each other. So we've spent a lot of time with mom but we've also spent a lot of time with just each other. I had them over for dinner the other night, we haven't done that....well....ever.

John and I are happy and excited about his new job and my new business and that's really nice. 2010 is going to bring a lot of joy to our lives, I am willing it so.

We saw Avatar, I loved it. I thought it was fantastic. I'm still processing it even.

Tomorrow we'll go see Sherlock Holmes then drive to Wisco for Christmas with John's family. It's been a whirlwind, but it should be, I like it that way. We could use a little whirlwind in this house.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Opulently I assent to but I dream the collection should acquire more info then it has.